- Specific legal advice and due diligence if you are starting, buying or selling a marine business.
- Maritime transactions, including purchase, sale and leasing of vessels and other maritime assets.
- Marine legislative compliance checks and audits of existing marine businesses.
- Registration and ownership of vessels, including share-holdings and appropriate ownership structures.
- Advice regarding marine business structures including partnerships, trusts and corporations.
- Partnership and joint venture agreements for marine projects.
- Advice on charter parties and other maritime contracts.
- Guarantees and security documents for the maritime industry.
- Bankruptcy and debt collection.
- Employment law including employment contracts, employee rights, unfair dismissal and confidentiality agreements.
- Advice on legislative requirements, including specialist marine areas such as seaworthiness, general safety and safe operation obligations, registration of vessels and appropriate licensing.
- Corporate and commercial litigation in Court and alternative dispute resolution.
Marine Insurance Law
Marine Insurance is a specialist area, with its own legal regime and language. Pacific Maritime Lawyers Pty Ltd can assist navigating the complexities of this area, for all facets of marine insurance, including:
- Marine Cargo Claims
- Hull and Machinery damage
- Protection and Indemnity Club liability claims issues
- Environmental Insurance issues